Tips For a Successful Interview with Accenture
Preparation is a key component to a successful interview. Review the information below to learn about the type of interviews we conduct at Accenture, key preparation steps, the dos and don’ts of interviews and steps to take at the end of an interview.
Companies can often use different styles of interviews throughout the interview process. Here is a brief explanation of the three styles that Accenture uses.
1) Screening interview: You will have the opportunity to bring life to your resume. Be ready to talk about your activities, work experience, and achievements. The focus of this interview is for us to understand your overall experience better.
2) Behavioral interview: You will be asked questions that will prompt you to tell a story about your past experiences. Prior to your interview, think about some of your group projects, accomplishments, activities from which you can share a story. Keep in mind that the focus of this interview is on you and your accomplishments, not on the group’s accomplishments.
3) Case interview: You will be given a situation in which you will be asked to prioritize, analyze, and ultimately draw conclusions and/or recommendations. The focus of this interview is to explore your problem-solving and analytical abilities. To learn more about case interviews, please refer to the Management Consulting Case Workbook.
On occasion, these interviews may be conducted over the phone. It is important to treat the phone interview with the same importance and prepare as much as you would for an in person interview.
Preparing for the interview
The key to a successful interview is preparation! Keep in mind the following objectives when preparing for your interview.
Know yourself: In order to know yourself, you must be able to do the following:
1) Describe what you want in a career/employer.
2) Identify your strengths and weaknesses.
3) Identify your goals and objectives (short and long term).
4) Be prepared to discuss areas for development in a solution-oriented manner.
Know your resume. Be familiar with all the information on your resume and be prepared to elaborate on each topic:
1) Career objectives
2) Educational experience
4) Work experience
5) Extracurricular activities
Know the industry. Research to get to know the employer and the industry by using the following sources:
1) Company websites
2) Alumni/current employees
3) Corporate literature
4) Newspapers and industry magazines/publications
5) Office of Career Services
6) Attend company information sessions and activities
Prepare for the interview day. Plan in advance for your interview day with these simple steps:
1) Ensure you have accurate directions to the interview site (test them if possible).
2) Submit all required documents prior to the interview, or bring them with you if requested.
3) Plan the appropriate outfit to present your most professional self.
4) Prepare questions about the job and company to ask should time be given for questions.
Interview dos :
1) Arrive early.
2) Dress professionally.
3) Give a firm handshake and maintain eye contact.
4) Portray a positive image.
5) Use appropriate language (verbal and non-verbal).
6) Have resume, transcripts and other documents handy.
7) Answer the questions.
8) Talk about YOU, not others (avoid We). Summarize.
9) Understand the next steps in the process.
10) Relax and be yourself.
11) Minimize distractions, such as background noise and dog barking (phone interviews.)
Interview don’t :
1) Don’t arrive unprepared.
2) Don’t show a lack of knowledge of Accenture.
3) Don’t discuss politics, religion or personal relationships/issues.
4) Don’t bring up salary at the first interview
5) Don’t ask questions like: What are my chances?
6) Don’t eat, drink or chew gum during the interview
7) Don’t use a cell phone if possible (phone interviews.)
Concluding the interview
During the closing segment of the interview:
1) Thank the interviewer for his/her time.
2) Find out how and when you will be contacted.
3) Understand what the next steps in the process will be.
4) Obtain the interviewer’s contact information.
5) Send a thank you note after your interview.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Practice This Questions Before Job Interview’s
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Can you tell me something about yourself, in less than one minute?
Tell us something more about your education and courses.
What are your main strengths related to this job?
What are your main weaknesses as an employee?
What motivates you the most in work?
What are your personal and professional goals in five years horizon?
Why should we hire you?
Why did you decided to apply for this job?
What do you know about our company?
Do you know someone working in our company? If you do, did you consult him before the interview?
What makes you special compared to other applicants?
What caught your eye on our job offer?
What are your salary expectations?
What is the biggest problem you faced in your career so far?
How do you cope with stress?
How does an ideal boss from your point of view look like?
How do you imagine a typical day in work in our company?
Would you mind working overtime?
How do you solve conflicts with your colleagues, boss, or subordinates?
What do you like to do in your free time?
What makes you feel sad in work?
What makes you feel happy in work?
What do you consider as the biggest professional achievement in your life?
Did you apply also for other job offers at the same time?
Do you already have an offer from other company?
If we choose you for the job, will you able to start from the beginning of next month?
Are there any benefits you would like to get at this position?
Is there anything you would like to ask us?
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – All the Best – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Hope this helps !!
Feel free to contact. & share the notes to as many people as possible, never hesitate in sharing Knowledge ?
Good Luck Friends!!!
God is always with you.
With Best wishes and Best Regards,